Senior Research Psychologist
Alice is a Senior Research Psychologist and has over 11 years’ experience in occupational health psychology and the protection and promotion of the safety, health and wellbeing of employees. Amongst other areas, Alice has worked in the areas of work-life balance and the management of technology, wellbeing, stress and psychosocial issues at work, new ways of working and the changing world of work, knowledge transfer in the workplace and health and safety considerations whilst returning to work.
Many of these projects have involved conducting literature reviews to identify the evidence base of literature, policy and practice materials before then utilising this to develop user-friendly guidance. In addition, Alice’s work often involves engaging with stakeholders, for example surveys, interviews, focus groups and workshops. These have informed case study development, good practice materials including risk assessments and the evaluation and critical appraisal of interventions.
In addition, Alice also works with the IOM Environment and Public Health team to design and conduct qualitative studies to engage with stakeholders to explore their behaviours, perceptions and attitudes towards their environment, potential exposures and the use of sensors and wearable technology both within and outside of the workplace.
Recently, Alice’s work has also involved applying her skills and expertise to COVID-19 related research projects.
- Research Research Psychologist
- Office: +44 (0) 131 449 8042
- Mobile: +44 (0) 778 068 3113
- Email: Alice.Smith@iom-world.org
- MSc Occupational Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
Committee and Society Memberships:
- Graduate membership of the British Psychological Society (MBPsS)
Alice’s research interests lie in the area of occupational health psychology, including the following topics:
- Work-life balance and the management of technology
- Stress and psychosocial issues at work
- New ways of working and the changing world of work
- Knowledge transfer in the workplace
- Health and safety considerations in the return to work process