What is an Authorising Engineer (AE) Ventilation?
An Authorising Engineer is an experienced individual that takes on the responsibility for the management of health and safety guidelines as recommended by the Department of Health. The role combines skills found in engineering, building services and microbiology.
An Authorising Engineer (AE) Ventilation would be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Appointment/selection of Authorising Person (AP)
- Reviewing validation/verification documentation and methods
- Audit of ventilation systems
- Assisting hospital in prioritising programme of improvements and development of a five-year plan
- Review of training requirements for Authorising Persons and Competent Persons
- Provide training
- Review and approve ventilation project designs
We provide an Authorising Engineer (AE) Ventilation Service to a number of hospitals within both the public and private sectors, via our in-house Chartered Engineer / Member of IHEEM.
For more information on Authorising Engineer (AE) Ventilation services please contact: Jerry Slann, 01785 333201, or complete our contact form below.