Specialised healthcare ventilation systems ensure that sanitary, uncontaminated air flows through healthcare premises to guarantee the safety of patients and healthcare workers.
These ventilation systems require strict maintenance and testing to guarantee legal compliance is met as well as safety.
Part of the safety measures carried out in this process involves testing airborne samples from healthcare premises to identify any hazardous risks which we perform in our microbiology laboratory.
What is Microbiological Testing?
In our dedicated Microbiology laboratory we support the testing and validation of specialised healthcare ventilation systems. We are a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No 0374; for the enumeration of Total Viable Count (TVC), both bacterial and mould, and is managed by a Senior Microbiologist with experience in clinical, food, water and environmental microbiology, gained in the NHS and HPA.
Airborne samples from operating theatres and other specialised healthcare premises are transferred to the laboratory at our Stafford office for analysis.
Having our own laboratory means we can provide reliable results in a timely fashion, enabling us to achieve faster turnaround times for our reports to clients.
Other microbiology services we offer:
- Basic identification of bacteria to genus level.*
- Identification of moulds to species level using colonial and microscopic structure.*
- Enumeration of total count, moulds, Gram negatives, E. coli and Staphylococcus from swabs.*
- Bio-aerosol analysis for waste management sites including enumeration of total count, moulds, thermophillic Aspergillus, gram negatives, S. aureus, E. coli and Salmonella from filters (either from personal IOM sampling heads or from heads mounted to sample at composting sites).*
- *These are not covered by IOM's UKAS accreditation.
How our experts can help:
- Provide testing of specialised healthcare systems
- Provide reliable reports to clients based on findings from testing
- Offer faster turnaround times for results due our own laboratory
- Offer a variety of other microbiology services
Contact: Naomi Astbury, 01785 333209, or complete the quick quote form below.