IOM Customer Charter
Excellence in customer service is central to all our activities and we are committed to meeting our clients’ needs with high quality impartial research, consultancy, laboratory analysis and workplace services.
As our client, we will at all times treat you fairly and professionally whether in person, by phone, in writing or by email. This charter outlines the level of service you should expect.
When dealing with all clients we will:
- Be smart, courteous, professional, friendly and accessible;
- Respect the required level of confidentiality;
- Declare or manage any conflicts of interest;
- Meet or where possible exceed agreed expectations, and communicate clearly and promptly if we are likely to fall short;
- Adhere to recognised health and safety standards and regulations, and if applicable, your specific workplace guidelines;
- Operate within a quality management system, subject to external accreditation where appropriate, and we will continually work to refine our systems and improve quality;
- Bring value to your organisation through the work that we undertake for you.
Monitoring Customer Service Performance
Where appropriate, reports are issued as ‘final drafts for client comment’ before being finalised, giving you the opportunity to provide feedback and request any necessary clarification. We undertake regular customer satisfaction surveys to gather feedback on services and inform our service improvement.
IOM is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) for some of our occupational hygiene sampling, micro-biological sampling and analysis (hospital theatres) and our laboratory testing services to ISO17025. We also hold ISO 14001 (Environmental Standard), and group accreditation under the Contractors Health & Safety Scheme (CHAS). IOM has a policy that:
- Our staff are trained to enable them to carry out their work to the required Quality and Health, Safety and Environmental Standards.
- They are required to be objective and impartial in carrying out their duties.
- They are encouraged and empowered to participate in quality improvement activities.
- They have individual responsibility for understanding and applying relevant Policies, Guidance Notes and Standard Operating Procedures in the performance of their duties.
IOM’s management is fully committed to this policy through active participation in quality improvement activities and leadership by example.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our service, please let us know, in the first instance, by getting in touch with the primary contact who has provided you with the service or report, or the Head of the relevant IOM Department or Division.
If for any reason you wish to escalate your complaint, please contact the IOM Chief Executive, Prof Rob Aitken at: IOM, Research Avenue North, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AP, United Kingdom Email: email@example.com Tel: +44(0)131 449 8000
We undertake to acknowledge any complaint within 48 hours of receipt, at which time we will also communicate a timetable for further action if required.
Positive Feedback & Suggestions for Improvements
We always welcome and value positive feedback. If you have enjoyed a positive experience from a particular service or member of staff from IOM, or have any suggestions for further improvements, we would be pleased to hear from you. Please send these to the relevant Division Head at the above address.
You can download a copy of IOM’s customer charter here.