Workplace Exposure Limits (WELs) Consultancy
Workplace exposure limits (WEL) are the legal limits set on the amount of substances that can be present in workplace air.
Hazardous substances must be below the relevant workplace exposure limit. Importantly if the substance is known to cause cancer, genetic defects, allergy or asthma symptoms, or allergic skin reaction exposure, the level must be reduced to as low as reasonably practicable.
On August 21 2018, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) implemented new and revised Indicative Occupational Exposure Limit Values (IOELVs) for thirty-one chemical substances to help protect workers from the ill-health effects of exposure to hazardous substances in the workplace.
How our experts can help:
- Preparation of COSHH risk assessments.
- Monitor exposure measurements and assessments for dust, chemicals and biological agents.
- Evaluate and assess the effectiveness of controls such as; ventilation surveys, including Local Exhaust Ventilation and Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE).
Consult and advise on risk management and appropriate compliance with:
- REACH and Chemical Exposure guidelines.
- Toxicology and Exposure Limits.
- As a leader in health and safety research and occupational hygiene services, we have been a significant voice for setting occupational exposure limits and air quality objectives by both the EU commission and successive UK governments.
Contact our team directly to find out more about WELs Services and arranging them for your workplace.