Online Face Fit Tester Training Live Workshop - Qualitative Test Method
- 3 hours
Many people use respiratory protective equipment (RPE) to reduce their exposure to hazardous substances in the workplace. But many of these people are not getting the protection they think they are – or that they deserve.
Respirators must be selected not only to give the appropriate protection but also to fit each and every wearer. This is particularly important where the respirator relies on a tight seal between the mask and the wearers face.
This online live workshop has been tailored to help those who need to Face Fit Test staff in frontline roles and in other areas of healthcare. It will cover the following:
- Basics of respirator protection
- How to don, wear and use respirators correctly and safely
- Familiarisation with the face fit testing kit
- How face fit testing works
- Practical use of the face fit testing kit
In order to attend the course, delegates must have access to the following items:
- A Face Fit Testing Kit for the Qualitative Method
- A small supply of respirators (at least two), preferably the ones you will be using
- A family member/friend or colleague with you to carry out practice tests on. If you would like them to be a delegate on the course too, please let us know.
- Those described above who are attending in order to be face fit tested on for the practical element of the course, must be clean shaven.
- A computer, laptop or tablet that uses a microphone and webcam. Connection quality is the responsibility of the delegate.
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided for each person attending the course and demonstrating that they have understood the course content and have a basic knowledge in the use of the test method equipment.
This is a live online workshop and may be subject to minimum numbers attending.
For more information please email our IOM training team at Training@iom-world.org
IOM also offers Face Fit Testing services, click here to find out more.
- 3 hours