Online Face Fit Tester Training Live Workshop - Qualitative Test Method
- 4 hours in total
£250.00 + VAT
Many people use respiratory protective equipment (RPE) to reduce their exposure to hazardous substances in the workplace. But many of these people are not getting the protection they think they are – or that they deserve.
Respirators must be selected not only to give the appropriate protection but also to fit each and every wearer. This is particularly important where the respirator relies on a tight seal between the mask and the wearers face.
Our live online Face Fit Tester Training workshop is for the Qualitative Method (taste test) which is used to test half masks. The workshop is split into two separate parts.
Part 1 is the theory element of the course and takes approximately 3 hours. The workshop will be held live and online and our trainer, who is a Fit2Fit accredited fit tester, will deliver the course which covers the following areas:
- Basics of respirator protection
- How to don, wear and use respirators correctly and safely
- Familiarisation with the face fit testing kit
- How face fit testing works
- Practical use of the face fit testing kit
Part 2 is the practical assessment. This is carried out separately from the workshop where each delegate will arrange a time slot with one of our face fit testers who will assess them live online carrying out a face fit test on a family member/friend or colleague. This session usually takes about an hour.
Please note, delegates will not receive a Certificate of Attendance until they have completed Part 1 and Part 2 of the course and they will not be fit to face fit test until our trainer is satisfied they have demonstrated it correctly.
In order to attend the course, delegates must have access to the following items:
- A Face Fit Testing Kit for the Qualitative Method
- A small supply of respirators (at least two), preferably the ones you will be using
- A family member/friend or colleague with you to carry out practice tests on. If you would like them to be a delegate on the course too, please let us know.
- Those described above who are attending in order to be face fit tested on for the practical element of the course, must be clean shaven.
- A computer, laptop or tablet that uses a microphone and webcam. Connection quality is the responsibility of the delegate.
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided for each delegate who successfully completes Part 1 and Part 2 of the course, demonstrating that they have understood the course content and have a basic knowledge in the use of the test method equipment.
Please note that we cannot provide Fit2Fit accreditation and individuals must sit and pass the Fit2Fit exam, provided by BSIF, to achieve such accreditation. IOM and BSIF recommend that before accreditation is sought testers gain sufficient experience of the equipment and conducting the tests and importantly a wide knowledge of the different types of tight-fitting RPE available.
This is a live online workshop and may be subject to minimum numbers attending.
IOM also offers Face Fit Testing services, click here to find out more.
- 4 hours in total
£250.00 + VAT