Thomas is an Ergonomics Research Scientist working in the Ergonomics and Human Factors Section of our Research Division. He has come from a background in Psychology.
Amongst other research projects he is currently involved in a project looking into the healthy use of new display screen equipment; or HEADSE. Working with IOM Singapore and the Workplace Safety and Health Institute in Singapore the project is investigating pattern of usage and potential related physical and psychosocial health impacts when using smartphones and/or tablets for work.
Thomas has experience conducing ergonomics related risk assessments and has been conducting research and consulting work related to respiratory protective equipment (RPE) design and performance.
Thomas is a graduate member of the CIEHF and is processing his application for full membership.
- Research Scientist (Ergonomics)
- Office: +44 (0) 131 449 8014
- Email: Thomas.Winski@iom-world.org
- M.Sc - Engineering Psychology with Ergonomics
- B.Sc (Hons) - Psychology (Applied)
- Fit2fit accredited to conduct quantitative face fit testing
Committee and Society Memberships:
- Graduate Member - Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF)
- Ergonomics/Human Factors methods
- Ergonomic Risk Assessment
- Safety and Health at Work
- New technologies and work (handheld and wearable technologies))
- RPE performance and design
Winski T, Crawford J. (2015). Working ‘on the go’. Safety Management; August: 16-19.
Winski TA, Crawford JO, Graveling RA, Lansdown T, Walker G.(2015). The sources of risk to health associated with new technologies in the office environment. In: Sharples S, Shorrock S, Waterson P. (eds). Contemporary Ergonomics and Human Factors 2015: Proceedings of the International Conference on Ergonomics & Human Factors 2015, Daventry, Northamptonshire, UK, 13-16 April 2015. London: CRC Press: 299-304.