Dr James Hanlon
SAFENANO Senior Scientist
James works as a Senior Scientist in the SAFENANO section since April 2020. James undertook a PhD in Chemistry at the University of Glasgow focussing on hydrogen storage materials. He then held two post-doctoral positions, one in France and one in the UK where he was involved in the EU FP7 HYPER project for hydrogen storage. From this, James has experience in nanomaterials characterisation including in powder X-ray diffraction, thermal analysis, spectroscopy and microscopy and in structure-property relationships. James was recently working in consultancy for four years prior to joining IOM with a focus on EU legislation for occupational exposure (REACH, CAD and CMD).
James’s research interests lie in safe by design strategies for nano-enabled products for reducing exposure, measuring exposure to nanomaterials and assessing exposure to hazardous substances. His interests also include EU legislation for occupational exposure.
James is involved in the EU H2020 Project SAbyNA.
- Senior Scientist
- Office: +44 (0) 131 449 8020
- Email: email@example.com
- BSc in Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry, University of Glasgow
- PhD in Chemistry, University of Glasgow
- PRINCE2 project management
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Safe by design strategies for nanosafety
- Exposure assessments
- EU legislation for occupational exposure including REACH, Chemicals Agent Directive (CAD) and the Carcinogenic and Mutagens Directive (CAD)
- Systematic literature reviews