Competitive based on skills and experience
IOM really are an International leader in their field and have worked on life-changing research for 50 years. This is an amazing and rare opportunity to join us and be part of a Not for Profit Organisation (NFP), who look after their staff and are leaders in research & consultancy within the field of occupational and environmental health risks.
As our Technical Engineer (PPE Testing), you will receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 34 days annual leave including public holidays
- Flexible working
- NFP organisation
- Group personal pension
- Income Protection
- Death in Service
- Access to flexible benefits & rewards platform
- Employee Assistance Programme including wellbeing hub and access to a 24hr helpline and counselling service
- On-site parking
- A chance to work for an organisation whose aim is to make people’s lives, and the environment in which we live, better
About our Technical Engineer (PPE Testing) role:
Our PPE Testing Laboratory is UKAS accredited to test chemical suits against the relevant standards for penetration of particles and liquids. The role will involve carrying out the test procedures, organising the running of the laboratory, liaising and building relationships with clients and also assisting with the servicing and calibration of equipment. You will be required to follow Standard Operating Procedures, calibration schedules and we need somebody who can be very organised and manage their own workload efficiently. Our services also include respirator face fit testing and we are expanding into other PPE testing. There is great opportunity to progress into roles within our wider group; in Occupational Hygiene and Ventilation.
Responsibilities as our Technical Engineer (PPE Testing):
- Undertaking suit testing for penetration by aerosols or liquids following IOM standard operating procedures
- Organisation of work schedule and rota of suit wearers to meet client demand
- Check and report analytical results and peer review the work of others within the team
- Report the results of suit testing to clients using IOM standard report formats
- Undertake calibrations, calibration checks and equipment maintenance following IOM procedures as required for testing rigs and associated equipment
- Organise calibrations for externally calibrated kit
- Provide quotations and discuss testing requirements with existing and prospective clients
- Maintain ongoing relationships with PPE clients
- Train PPE Technicians and carry out quality assurance audits as required
- Support the maintenance and operation of our onsite workshop and facilities management
What we’re looking for in our Technical Engineer (PPE Testing):
- Have either an engineering, maintenance or scientific technical background
- Practical hands on abilities
- Able to work to quality standards such as UKAS
- Have previous experience of managing and facilitating face to face and virtual contact with clients
- Highly motivated and organised individual with a flexible approach to work
- Self-starter with excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a NFP organisation who are at the forefront of research and whose main purpose is to improve people’s health and safety at work, at home and in the environment through excellent independent science.
If you would like to be considered as our Technical Engineer (PPE Testing), please click “apply now”! We look forward to hearing from you. Please note that this will redirect you to our partner application site however all applications are reviewed and managed by the IOM recruitment team.
The Institute of Occupational Medicine is an equal opportunity and living wage employer.