Salary range £25k to £33k dependent on qualifications and experience
Edinburgh or Stafford (Flexible)
The Institute of Occupational Medicine (IOM) is currently looking to expand its UK team of experienced Occupational Hygienists. Location can be flexible, however candidates based in either Edinburgh or Stafford would be at an advantage.
The role will involve delivering consultancy excellence for our clients as well as providing professional and technical support internally and externally. You will also be required to work to UKAS standards, therefore previous experience of working within an accredited environment would be ideal.
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- COSHH Exposure Monitoring and Assessments
- Workplace and Environmental Noise Assessments
- Local Exhaust Ventilation Testing
- Hand Arm Vibration Monitoring
- Respirator Face Fit Testing
- Indoor Air Quality Assessments
- Legionella Risk Assessments
- Ventilation testing in Hospitals, including airflow measurements
- Microbiological sampling and auditing
- Preparing, writing and reviewing technical reports
- Costing work and preparing tenders
- Assisting with IOM Training Courses for clients
- Scheduling work and ensuring on-time service delivery
- Accountability for profit and loss
- Maintaining key account management
Key skills and qualifications are as follows:
- Broad understanding of the Occupational Hygiene industry with at least 5 years practical experience
- Experience and BOHS Qualifications in Workplace Air Monitoring, Workplace Noise Assessment, and LEV Examination & Testing
- Desirable if experienced in Hand Arm + Whole Body Vibration Assessments, COSHH Risk Assessments, Legionella Risk Assessments, Thermal Assessments, Environmental Noise
- Full driving licence is essential as the role will involve UK wide travel - a vehicle will be provided.
- Highly motivated and organised individual with a flexible approach to work
- Capable of managing own workload to defined timescales as well as working collaboratively within a team
- Aiming to progress and develop in an exciting and supportive team
- Company car
- Contributory pension scheme (5% employee and matched employer contribution) along with income protection and death in service benefits
- Flexible benefits platform
- Employee assistance programme
Institute of Occupational Medicine
The Institute of Occupational Medicine (IOM) is a major independent centre of scientific excellence in the fields of occupational and environmental health, hygiene and safety.
Our core purpose is to improve people’s health and safety at work, at home and in the environment through excellent independent science to create a healthy and sustainable world.
IOM is a not for profit organisation.
Our aims are:
- Create and advance knowledge through scientific research and analysis
- Apply this knowledge to support policy and practice development (science into practice) for our clients
- Use our knowledge to develop and deliver consultancy and services into the marketplace
- Develop and retain our capability (people, knowledge, profile, technology) ensuring future growth and sustainability
- Raise levels of awareness and understanding of current and emerging health, safety and welling issues with government, industry and the general public
For further information regarding our services, consultancy and research visit www.iom-world.org
IOM is an equal opportunity and living wage employer.