Environment and Public Health
We aim to deliver quality consultancy, research and training that is fair, impartial, readable and grounded in evidence. In our experience this best meets the needs of the commissioner as well as key stakeholders such as policy and decision-makers and local communities.
Our approach to HIA and HPP incorporates international good practice on how such projects should be conducted and we are at the forefront of developing HIA and HPP methodology and guidance.
We have an experienced staff of scientists and practitioners with experience of public health, environmental health, epidemiology and statistics.
Why Use IOM
IOM’s HIA and HPP work can help to:
• Provide a quality, cost-effective and value added assessment that improves the success of a plan or project;
• Improve plan and project design, development, delivery and implementation; and so improve the chances success of a plan or project.
• Provide information and analysis to support decision-making and meet regulatory requirements effectively.
• Meet community needs, increase community trust and support.
• Enhance reputation and support corporate responsibility.
We have proven experience and are committed to improving population health internationally and to delivering a quality, cost-effective and value-added consultancy, research and training in HIA and HPP (including healthy urban planning.
We also work with a range of partner organisations and associates to widen and strengthen the consultancy and training that we can offer.