REACH Compliance Management
Supporting you through the REACH process
Under the REACH Regulation, industry has a responsibility to identify and manage the risks associated with the chemicals they manufacture and market in the EU. Manufacturers and importers of substances in quantities of 1 tonne or more per year need to gather information on substance properties and uses, make an assessment of hazards and potential risks, and submit a registration dossier to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) demonstrating that any risks are adequately controlled. Failure to register within the required timescales means that the substance will no longer be allowed to be manufactured or imported until compliance is achieved.
The third and final REACH deadline is fast approaching. By May 2018, phase-in substances manufactured or imported in the EU in quantities of 1-100 tonnes or more per year must be registered. REACH places a significant burden on industry and presents numerous challenges, particularly to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) that may not have the resources available to meet registration requirements.
We can help you achieve REACH compliance and ensure the continued success of your products through providing tailored and cost-effective support and advice. Our range of services includes:
- Scoping of regulatory obligations under REACH;
- Substance identification and characterisation;
- Preparation of an Inquiry Dossier to enable data sharing;
- Collation and review of existing information on substance properties and identification of data gaps;
- Preparation of a registration dossier in IUCLID and pre-submission screening;
- Development of testing proposals;
- Preparation of a Chemical Safety Report using CHESAR;
- Establishing Derived No Effect Levels (DNELs) and Risk Characterisation Ratios (RCRs) for human exposures;
- Identification of exposure scenarios and exposure assessment based on existing data and modelling with additional measurements;
- Support for gathering information on uses from downstream users;
- Provision of guidance and training on REACH processes and related topics.
For further information and to discuss your requirements, contact Steve Hankin +44 (0)131 449 8000, firstname.lastname@example.org