Human Impact Assessment
With extensive UK and international experience in HIA and as an established IOM Centre of Excellence since 2007, we have worked with many public and private sector organisations across a range of industry sectors.
We use an approach that meets good practice standards internationally e.g. HIA guidance International Finance Corporation (IFC), International Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA) and International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM).
We have helped develop two national and two international guides:
- Good Practice Guidance on Health Impact Assessment, ICMM
- Good Practice Guidance on Occupational Health Risk Assessment, ICMM
- Health Impact Assessment of Greenspace: a guide, Greenspace Scotland, NHS Health Scotland and Scottish Natural Heritage
- HIA of Transport Initiatives: a guide, NHS Health Scotland
We also work with a range of partner organisations ands associates to widen and strengthen the consultancy that we can offer.
We have conducted HIAs in a range of sectors, countries and for a wide range of clients.
- Economic development
- Energy (incl. oil and gas)
- Health and social care
- UK (England, Scotland and Northern Ireland)
IOM can support a wide range of health impact research and evaluation. We usually do this in conjunction with other academic and consultancy partner organisations and associates.
We provide bespoke international HIA training to organisations. Our staff have extensive experience of HIA training within a range of public sector organisations and academic institutions in the UK and we have associates who have experience of HIA training internationally.
We also work with a range of partner organisations ands associates to widen and strengthen the training that we can offer.